Anna Balkan’s uninhibited use of color and bold innovation come from a lifetime of seeing beyond limits and following the signs of her own journey.
Anna grew up in the Chernobyl area of the Ukraine, when the culture was grey and resourcefulness was a necessity. She learned to knit and crochet, making the things that were needed from what ever was on hand. The circumstance proved to be the perfect training ground for an inspirational designer.
During this time Anna developed her strong, playful connection to nature that inspires her designs. Her first creation was a pair of earrings, made for her mother at the age of five. Anna sculpted the piece from homemade clay and embellished with rhinestones repurposed from a dress. Her childhood cultivated a strength of spirit that fed her independence and taught her to see the possibilities beyond boundaries. This openness and independence is directly reflected in her jewelry designs.
Our most seasoned stylist, Brooke transitioned to jewelry sales from the cosmetics industry and has been at the Gallery since early 2012. The queen of flawless makeup and adorable outfits, Brooke is always stylish, always confident, and always adorned in color. When working with her in the Gallery, you can’t help but leave with a smile on your face, a glow in your heart, and a new Anna Balkan piece around your neck that perfectly matches your style. Brooke’s favorite part about styling is that she gets the opportunity to inspire confidence and help women see beauty in themselves. “Also,” Brooke adds, “I love rewarding myself with awesome food after a long day!” Brooke is originally from Carlsbad, CA (near San Diego) and currently lives in Lawrenceville with her husband Seth and adorable 2-year-old son Jonah.
- Seasonal Styling Color: Winter
- Favorite AB piece: Currently loving the large Bubble style necklaces!
- Hobbies: Playing piano, cooking, keeping up with my crazy toddler, and always learning new things
- Dream Vacation Destination: Literally everywhere! But if I had to pick just one, it would have to be New Zealand
- Go-to Drink: A sparkling classic mojito
Meet Jazzy, our stunning and creative stylist who’s been with us since early 2016. The youngest of our stylists here at Anna Balkan, Jazzy lives in Dunwoody and will be graduating from Dunwoody High School in 2018. Don’t let her age fool you, though; Jazzy’s styling expertise and insights make her a valuable asset, especially when it comes to styling and picking gifts for younger women. She loves getting to know the clients she works with and enjoys the opportunities she has to spread love and happiness at the Gallery. “My inspiration at work, whether I’m helping someone find the perfect piece for herself or styling a gift set, comes from knowing that I’ve helped someone in some way,” Jazzy says.
- Seasonal Styling Color: Winter
- Favorite AB piece: My oxidized Aqua Chalcedony bullet necklace! And any Druzy piece
- Hobbies: Reading, playing piano, trying new restaurants, and girls’ nights (lol, if that’s a hobby)!
- Dream Vacation Destination: Venice, Italy
- Go-to Drink: Mango Iced Tea
Hannah, our striking blonde college student, joined the Anna Balkan team in the summer of 2015 and immediately fell in love with styling. A double major in Chemistry and Psychology, Hannah has a talent for finding a balance between work, school, and life that most college students can only dream of. Despite her tough fields of study, Hannah dedicates all of her energy to helping clients whenever she steps foot in the Gallery. “I love helping clients branch out of their comfort zones to find pieces that reflect their inner identity in new and exciting ways,” Hannah says. “My absolute favorite thing to hear from a client is ‘Wow! I would’ve never tried this on if you hadn’t recommended it! I love it!’” Hannah attends Georgia Gwinnett College and lives in Lawrenceville.
- Seasonal Styling Color: Spring
- Favorite AB piece: Oxidized long oval link gem necklace (style 620) and gold Labradorite bar necklace – my 2 go-to pieces!
- Hobbies: Playing guitar, spin classes, yoga, and writing (currently working on my first novel)
- Dream Vacation Destination: Spain – the smaller cities though, nothing too touristy
- Go-to Drink: Fireball cinnamon whisky
Do you ever wonder who’s behind the scenes of our amazing social media venues? Well, meet Chanel, our incredibly talented marketing consultant! Chanel, a Georgia State grad, makes all of the magic happen when it comes to anything relating to Anna Balkan social media, digital media, and creative direction. She started in retail sales but eventually made the switch to marketing, and now has six years of experience in the area. Chanel loves Anna Balkan jewelry because of the creative diversity, client interactions, close-knit community, and the personal experience that comes with buying jewelry. Chanel has been with Anna Balkan since early 2014 and currently lives in Atlanta.
- Seasonal Styling Color: Autumn
- Favorite AB piece: Layered looks – Ruby Quartz bar necklace, Blue Topaz Zina necklace, and the large Red Coral flower statement piece, all in gold.
- Hobbies: Drinking wine, cooking for friends, makeup and spin classes
- Dream Vacation Destination: Ibiza
- Go-to Drink: A good dry Merlot