Anna Balkan’s uninhibited use of color and bold innovation come from a lifetime of seeing beyond limits and following the signs of her own journey.
Anna grew up in the Chernobyl area of the Ukraine, when the culture was grey and resourcefulness was a necessity. She learned to knit and crochet, making the things that were needed from what ever was on hand. The circumstance proved to be the perfect training ground for an inspirational designer.
During this time Anna developed her strong, playful connection to nature that inspires her designs. Her first creation was a pair of earrings, made for her mother at the age of five. Anna sculpted the piece from homemade clay and embellished with rhinestones repurposed from a dress. Her childhood cultivated a strength of spirit that fed her independence and taught her to see the possibilities beyond boundaries. This openness and independence is directly reflected in her jewelry designs.
Our most seasoned stylist, Brooke transitioned to jewelry sales from the cosmetics industry and has been at the Gallery since early 2012. The queen of flawless makeup and adorable outfits, Brooke is always stylish, always confident, and always adorned in color. When working with her in the Gallery, you can’t help but leave with a smile on your face, a glow in your heart, and a new Anna Balkan piece around your neck that perfectly matches your style. Brooke’s favorite part about styling is that she gets the opportunity to inspire confidence and help women see beauty in themselves. “Also,” Brooke adds, “I love rewarding myself with awesome food after a long day!” Brooke is originally from Carlsbad, CA (near San Diego) and currently lives in Lawrenceville with her husband Seth and adorable 2-year-old son Jonah.
- Seasonal Styling Color: Winter
- Favorite AB piece: Currently loving the large Bubble style necklaces!
- Hobbies: Playing piano, cooking, keeping up with my crazy toddler, and always learning new things
- Dream Vacation Destination: Literally everywhere! But if I had to pick just one, it would have to be New Zealand
- Go-to Drink: A sparkling classic mojito
Have you seen our jewelry in other Retailers throughout the country? Maybe while on vacation in your favorite beach town or when visiting a great art museum. Well, meet Brianna, the woman who makes this all happen. Brianna first joined our team way back in 2010, right after our store first opened its doors. Her intimate knowledge of Anna’s line, as well as design techniques and inspiration, readily equips her to introduce Anna’s jewelry to new people across the country. She enjoys styling other stores to allow them the opportunity to be advocates for the jewelry she knows and loves so much.
When not traveling to trade shows or designing looks for other stores, you might get a glimpse of her at Anna’s Gallery as she tries to work a day in the store when she can to keep up to date on client interactions. She currently lives in Cumming, GA with her husband and furbabies.
- Seasonal Styling Color: Autumn
- Favorite AB piece: Layered looks –Erica layering necklace is an everyday essential especially layered with the Nellie (owns this look in both gold and oxidized selections).
- Hobbies: Reading, traveling and playing with my cat and dog
- Dream Vacation Destination: Thailand
- Go-to Drink: A delicious Old Fashioned
Hannah, our striking blonde college student, joined the Anna Balkan team in the summer of 2015 and immediately fell in love with styling. A double major in Chemistry and Psychology, Hannah has a talent for finding a balance between work, school, and life that most college students can only dream of. Despite her tough fields of study, Hannah dedicates all of her energy to helping clients whenever she steps foot in the Gallery. “I love helping clients branch out of their comfort zones to find pieces that reflect their inner identity in new and exciting ways,” Hannah says. “My absolute favorite thing to hear from a client is ‘Wow! I would’ve never tried this on if you hadn’t recommended it! I love it!’” Hannah attends Georgia Gwinnett College and lives in Lawrenceville.
- Seasonal Styling Color: Spring
- Favorite AB piece: Oxidized long oval link gem necklace (style 620) and gold Labradorite bar necklace – my 2 go-to pieces!
- Hobbies: Playing guitar, spin classes, yoga, and writing (currently working on my first novel)
- Dream Vacation Destination: Spain – the smaller cities though, nothing too touristy
- Go-to Drink: Fireball cinnamon whisky
- Season Styling Color: All of them! I love them all!
- Favorite AB Piece: It’s hard to pick a favorite but right now, I’m in love with my “Anna” necklace and “Baby Bella” earrings
- Hobbies: playing piano, singing, reading, watching the Chicago Cubs play
- Dream Vacation Destination: Can I answer “yes please” to this question??
- Go-to Drink: Coffee